Sunday, June 15, 2008

Finally Home

I got down and dirty this weekend, literally! I putzed around our small garden and actually enjoyed it. On Saturday I ripped out all our dead and dying/hideous weeds (some were probably good plants but everything was beyond saving) after going to Home Depot. Once I had done that I was already sweating, burned, and covered from head to toe in dirt. I had dirt and grime on every inch of my body...thankfully our shower has a powerful spray! I finished planting this morning, and once again the shower soothed my aching back and arms. I'll post before and after pictures next weekend.

Our house is messier than it was on Friday, if that makes any sense. I keep pulling boxes from the garage into the house and opening them...before I know it there's piles and piles of stuff around me and I can't dig myself out. It's fun to think of the prospects of actually being unpacked for the first time in our marriage. I'm so thankful - this house has brought us so many firsts for us, it's very refreshing. We attached our foot/head board to the bed, and YAY it all fits (that's right, we weren't actually sure that the mattress would fit inside of the bed frame with the head and foot board attached). After moving a few more boxes into the house I decided to put up Grandma's and Grandpa's picture (that's what's below). It finally feels like home having the painting up!


Onto the terrible two - yes the kittens.. the evil kittens. Chloe has turned into a parrot, a drooling parrot. She doesn't always remember to swallow when she's purring so she starts to drool, it's funny if you can believe that. As for being a parrot, her favorite place to sit is on our shoulders. Abbie on the other hand has turned into a hair eater. She'll climb up the back of Chris's computer chair and try to eat his hair. For me she's a little less subtle, she just walks up to me and starts biting my bangs. On a positive note they both love the house, though I'd be surprised if they didn't enjoy their new romping grounds.

It looks like I'm going to tackle my craft room today, their are wayy too many boxes lying around that would be in that room :). I'm also getting my laundry going. EEeeEE, I love having our own washer and dryer; I have always liked doing laundry, and finally being able to do it without being forced allows me to fully enjoy it again. I'll also clean the fish tanks and change their waters, they haven't been doing so great so perhaps some cleaning will do them well.

Besides all that...

!!HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

To all you dad's out there, thanks for doing such a great job :)

We're going to do a dinner thing over at the parents house, so that'll be fun. I have to remember to bring my books over there also - I've finished reading The Mark from the Left Behind Series (I read it first when it originally came out, but I decided to read it again as it's almost been 8yrs). They really are addicting, I've read 8 of them in one month, really rejuvenates the thirst for the Bible.

Before I forget, if you've ever had a jamba juice smoothie, prepared to be blown away by my smoothies. The jamba ones are great, but mine are AMAZING!! Not to blow my own horn, but I really do make great flavors..perhaps I will learn how to cook.

1 comment:

iris said...

Gramma's picture does feel like home!love U lots Mommy