Monday, June 9, 2008

An Emotional Homestead!

So we've almost got everything moved in - minus a few odds and ends. I took on the kitchen this weekend and in my professional opinion it looks great! It took a lot more work than I first expected but now that it's done I feel like I can take on the rest of the house. Next weekends project will be our bedroom, bathroom and the dreaded living room; a big project but I hope to get it all done. Our bedroom would have been finished this weekend except for the fact that no matter how much you try not everything will fit into your car - for example a 4 ft tall and 5 ft long headboard that weighs 50-75lbs does not fit into my suzuki aerio.. no matter how hard I tried! Anyways, Chris and The Jack brought it over yesterday and it's partially set up. It's weird being up off the ground, it's the first bedframe we've had in the almost 2yrs we've been married.

I had a minor emotional outburst when I couldn't fit everything into a 48hr weekend..they just don't seem long enough to do everything I want to accomplish. Chris, being the gentle giant he is, quickly calmed me down and reminded me that we can do a little every evening and take on the bigger projects on the weekends. He's oddly logical sometimes, thank goodness for my sanity. He also organized our entire closet :) which helps my sanity!

The hospital mouse is getting better, slowly but surely, he's sore from physio everyday but it's worth it. He's been using a walker and has been moved out of the Nuero ward so that was exciting. It's still difficult to get through the fog, and sometimes it seems like a continual haze, so we're praying that he'll be clear eventually. Momma Kasey has been so strong through all of this, it's really amazing that she has been able to deal with it all.
Now for some exceptionally good news! Chris got two job offers for two different positions with the same place. I am so incredibly proud of him that I can barely speak, yet I want to scream! The first time in our marriage we'll have two incomes, shocking isn't it? It finally feels like we're settling down. Chris will be looking at classes once he has his schedule and go from there! His first day is today (orientation)!!

On another note.. I never thought that I would be that avid of a gardener but now that I have 'a bit of earth' I find myself really wanting to putz around in our little yards. I've already decided on a few flowers/plants that I'd like in my garden. Eeep, my garden! Sorry got a bit excited there. We have a small front and back garden so it should be fun. I think I'll put in a few hydrangeas up front with some long grasses and perhaps some wild flowers and then in the back I want to have some herbs and strawberries in pots and perhaps some bamboo! By the way that obviously isn't our place but it inspired me with different plant ideas :)

Pst - don't let anyone know that I almost putting off posting for another week ~ It would have been chaos though, so I finally got it done!

No comments: