Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kitten Shenanigans

So, I put the kittens out in the yard as I typically do on a weekend morning as it's cooler and they like to play out in the fenced yard. I go to let them in at noon, and only miss Chloe is there waiting. Hmm, where's Abbie I wonder. I call her name a few times, but she doesn't come. Usually I can say it once and her bushy little self will bounce out from behind a plant. I throw on a pair of flip flops and go looking, in a robe no less. I crawl behind the trees to get to the side yard. Lo and behold there's a break in the fence, so I figure the little fury devil must have escaped. By this time I'm panicking, thinking she's probably gotten run over by a car or eaten by a neighbors dog. I race inside and throw on some jeans and a shirt, I run back outside, climb through the fence, and begin sneaking around my neighbors yard whispering her name. I wasn't able to find her, so I figure I'll check around the front of their yard - I creep back into our yard, back into the house, and swing open the front door ready to run and search - and there she is, meowing, wondering where I've been this entire time. I don't think I've ever hugged that kitten so tightly.

Needless to say, the kittens are not allowed back into the yard without the fence being fixed.

I think it's time to put the collars onto the kitties with their registration and what not. It's just that they go completely insane with the bells attached to them, but the bells won't come off :P

We'll see.

Guess what? 4 day work week and 4 day weekend coming up. Squeek squeek - I are happy.

No comments: