Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Weekend to Forget

My fair brother in law was in a motorcycle accident on Thursday night. Needless to say it's been excruciating waiting for the phone to ring and hearing what the latest news is. He's finally out of the woods. Thank goodness for the mass prayer network we have going - from Cali to Canada to as far as Switzerland. He opened his eyes and gave a thumbs up today, sounds like good news to me. It's going to be a long and difficult recovery as far as I can tell, but he's a fighter, so it'll be painful on all of us.

In other news, another one of our fishies had babies. And in preparation for that we got another tank, a beautiful 20g that is currently cycling with one of the betta's in it - mean I know but
he's a strong wee fish. We have total 49 baby fish aka fry, so they're getting a bit pent up in their little floater holders, it'll be nice to give them a larger home of their own once we move over to the new house - but that's other news all together.

T-minus 116 hours we'll be moving into our new place. I was excited, though I think it was more of me trying to be excited through everything that has been happening - even prior to the car.. er motorcycle accident. I'm trying to keep busy to stop thinking about everything that is running through it. I've also taken to reading the left behind series again - I completed the first four books in 5 days - I find reading a fantastic diversion though it is currently failing me.

We didn't go to the baptismal service today as it's been raining since yesterday, such a shame. A sad Memorial Day weekend in my humble opinion.


Because if you didn't think I was depressed before. Here is a picture of my beloved (and dearly departed) Bailey. He loved me like I loved him - whole heartedly and without prejudice. He had the best personality.. I miss him so much. It's been over a month and I doubt I'll truly get over it. /cry..


Since that would be a terrible way to end a post I decided I'm going to list all our fishies names (excluding the babies). Fyer, Lola, Roxanne, Dottie, Ski, Optimus, Scarlette, Giah, Bernadette (Bernie), Nera, Pharo, Sunny II, Kenya, Striker, Casper II, "The Fish", Nio, Milo, Saphire, Leroy, Blazer, Shiloh, and Muoka. Very creative I know. We've lost some good fish already..I just hope that we don't lose any (or very few) during our move next week.

Eagh I'm exhausted, having a hard time sleeping, or staying asleep for very long.
The sleeping aide of choice - Benedril - has yet to fail me.

Night peoples! And don't worry I'm not depressed, just a terrible writer :). Oh and does anyone know whether it's costly to live in Denmark? That's a venture I'm looking into!

"Let your tears come. Let them water your soul"
-Eileen Mayhew

1 comment:

iris said...

Hi sweetheart, you are a pretty blonde in the picture!your kitties are soooooooooo cute! wow that is alot of names for your fishies! I hope today was special for you! Give Chris a big hug from me!We are praying for you both ,I hope the move will be okay next weekend!! Have a picnic when you are done that will brighten up your day!!! Love u lots mommy